A Private Organization not affiliated with Fort Belvoir or the US Army
"Belvoir Thrift Shop/Belvoir Community Committee - - serving those who serve our country."
ATTENTION CONSIGNORS – TO WITHDRAW YOUR ITEMS YOU MUST BRING THEM TO THE CASH WRAP AREA BEFORE 1:45 P.M.
We will not start the withdrawal process after 1:45. Please plan accordingly. No exceptions will be made! We suggest that you do NOT wait until the last day of the contract to withdraw. If you do wait until the last day, be sure to come in early.
Please take this policy into consideration when you are consigning. Thank you.
1. Everyone needs to register BEFORE consigning. To register, you MUST come to the consignment area no later than 1:45 pm. You cannot register and consign on the same day. A valid military ID and a $1 registration fee is needed to open an account. You may purchase additional contract forms for 10 cents each.
2. Consignors may bring in 2 contracts per week (only 1 per day) BUT the second contract may not have clothes, shoes or purses on it. We are currently able to do this because we have space available. We do not know how long this will be in effect so take advantage of the offer while it lasts. NOT MORE THAN ONE CONTRACT PER DAY BUT YOU MAY BRING 2 PER WEEK (with the above mentioned restrictions on the second contract.)
3. No more than 2 books, 3 of the same type of items, or 5 items of clothing per contract (see the above limitations on the 2nd contract per week.)
4. If you are on orders, you may consign an additional contract per week with a copy of orders on file at the shop.
5. The minimum price for consignment is $3.00 and we take a 30% commission.
6. You will receive additional information when you come in to register.
7. Consignments are accepted from 9 to 11 or until we have reached capacity (currently 25).
You are required to register BEFORE preparing anything for consignment so that you have all the information needed to prepare your items correctly. (PLEASE NOTE: YOU CANNOT REGISTER AND CONSIGN ON THE SAME DAY.) Due to space limitations, ALL PREPARATION MUST BE DONE AT HOME. Thank you for your cooperation.
Beginning November 2, we will be accepting winter items for consignment.
SHORT SLEEVE BLOUSES/SHIRTS
LONG SLEEVE BLOUSES/SHIRTS
SHORT SLEEVE SWEATERS
CORDUROY SLACKS, VESTS
TURTLENECK SLEEVELESS SWEATERS
1 WINTER COAT PER CONTRACT
2 SWEATERS PER CONTRACT
HOLIDAY SWEATERS & SWEATSHIRTS
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
SLEEVELESS ITEMS (except turtleneck)
Christmas Consignment Guidelines
Only 2 Christmas items allowed per contract
One wreath per contract WITH APPROVAL
Christmas lights must be new in box
Christmas Ornaments BY APPROVAL ONLY
Garland must be new in package
We regret we cannot accept Christmas trees for consignment. You may donate your tree knowing your donation adds to our charitable fund. Only those donations made when the shop is open are eligible for a tax receipt.
Last day to consign Christmas items is November 26.
***Unsold Christmas items must be withdrawn the first week of January. As of Tuesday, January 7th at 2pm, all unsold Christmas consignments become our property (whether or not the contract has expired). Christmas items withdrawn that week will not be charged a withdrawal fee.
Please be aware that we do not accept "disposables" for consignment. An example of a disposable item would be the plastic containers that Chinese food comes in, plastic margarine tubs, metal tins, plastic pots or trays that had flowers in them when you purchased them... those kind of things. We must make the best use of our limited space. We appreciate your cooperation.
The Belvoir Thrift Shop provides an outlet for military families to sell unwanted and unneeded items. It also provides a place for military and civilians to purchase quality items at bargain prices. Belvoir Thrift Shop proudly returns all profits to the community in the form of scholarships and grants. To achieve our goal of giving as much as we can to the community, we must insist our customers consign only usable, clean items that are in season. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE OR REMOVE ANY ITEM FROM THE FLOOR AS WE DEEM NECESSARY.
Copyright Belvoir Thrift Shop Inc. All rights reserved.