A Private Organization not affiliated with Fort Belvoir or the US Army
"Belvoir Thrift Shop/Belvoir Community Committee - - serving those who serve our country."
1. Everyone needs to register BEFORE consigning. You cannot register and consign on the same day. A valid military ID and a $1 registration fee is needed to open an account.
2. Consignors may bring in 2 contracts per week (only 1 per day) BUT the second contract may not have clothes, shoes or purses on it. We are currently able to do this because we have space available. We do not know how long this will be in effect so take advantage of the offer while it lasts. NOT MORE THAN ONE CONTRACT PER DAY BUT YOU MAY BRING 2 PER WEEK (with the above mentioned restrictions on the second contract.)
3. No more than 2 books or 5 items of clothing per contract (see the above limitations on the 2nd contract per week.)
4. If you are on orders, you may consign an additional contract per week with a copy of orders on file at the shop.
5. The minimum price for consignment is $3.00 and we take a 30% commission.
6. You will receive additional information when you come in to register.
7. Consignments are accepted from 9 to 11 or until we have reached capacity (currently 25).
You are required to register BEFORE preparing anything for consignment so that you have all the information needed to prepare your items correctly. (PLEASE NOTE: YOU CANNOT REGISTER AND CONSIGN ON THE SAME DAY.) Due to space limitations, ALL PREPARATION MUST BE DONE AT HOME. Thank you for your cooperation.
We will be accepting SUMMER clothing for consignment beginning May 1.
SHORT SLEEVE BLOUSES/SHIRTS
LONG SLEEVE BLOUSES/SHIRTS -lightweight
SWIMSUITS UP TO KIDS 6X
ADULT SWIMSUITS NEW WITH TAG ONLY
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
WINTER WOOL CLOTHES
LONG SLEEVE PULLOVERS/TURTLENECKS
FLANNELS OR CORDUROY
BOOTS OF ANY KIND
Please be aware that we do not accept "disposables" for consignment. An example of a disposable item would be the plastic containers that Chinese food comes in, plastic margarine tubs, metal tins, plastic pots or trays that had flowers in them when you purchased them... those kind of things. We must make the best use of our limited space. We appreciate your cooperation.
The Belvoir Thrift Shop provides an outlet for military families to sell unwanted and unneeded items. It also provides a place for military and civilians to purchase quality items at bargain prices. Belvoir Thrift Shop proudly returns all profits to the community in the form of scholarships and grants. To achieve our goal of giving as much as we can to the community, we must insist our customers consign only usable, clean items that are in season. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE OR REMOVE ANY ITEM FROM THE FLOOR AS WE DEEM NECESSARY.
Copyright Belvoir Thrift Shop Inc. All rights reserved.